Photo source: tatashey.com
Gbegiri is one of the native soup of Yoruba people in the western part of Nigeria. Gbegiri soup is so unique because it is cooked with beans. However, beans, as we know, is a good source of protein.
The other condiments used in cooking gbegiri coupled with amala makes the food a balanced diet.
Cooking ingredients of gbegiri soup:
- 3 cups of brown beans.
- 5 cooking spoon of palm oil.
- 3 tablespoon of dry pepper.
- Ground crayfish to taste.
- I onion.
- locust beans.
- Assorted meats.
Mode of preparation:
- Pick and wash your beans. Soak in the water for about 10 minutes.
- Then shell the back as you are about to make moi-moi. You can mash it using hand, mortal or machine.
- Boil your beans and add sliced onion. Boil until very soft.
- Cook and seasoned your assorted meats.
- As your beans are soft, mash in a mortal with the water used in cooking it.
- Sieve with hot water to bring out the beans liquid. Repeat until the beans paste becomes smooth.
- Put the liquid on fire, and allow boiling.
- Add your assorted meats.
- Salt to taste and other seasonings.
- Add palm oil.
- Serve gbegiri soup with amala.