Golden melon is a yellow-skinned melon fruit. However, the fruit is highly nutritional and rich in minerals and vitamins such as Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, vitamin C, calcium, zinc, vitamin B6, fibre, magnesium, iron, potassium and vitamin A.
7 Health Benefits of Golden Melon.
1) Rice in vitamins and minerals: The fruit contains folic acids which help to promote fetal health making it a good food for pregnant women. More so, the potassium in golden melon helps to maintain heart function; the copper helps in skin regeneration which makes your skins shining always; while the vitamin B (thiamine and niacin) are very important antioxidants that help to keep your system toxin free.
2) Low in fat. The low content of calorie in the fruit and non-cholesterol makes it an ideal food for weight loss. You can combine it with watermelon and make a great fruit salad for a cool refreshing meal. However, the vitamin B6 content in the fruit helps to control appetite.
3) Lowers blood pressure: Eating golden melon helps to lower your chance of getting a blood pressure. The juices from the fruit contain potassium which supports the nerves, blood vessels and muscles contraction which further affect the blood pressure. This also improves the cardiovascular health with the omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids content.
4) Aids Digestion: The fibre and water contents in the golden melon helps to ease digestion.
5) Hydrate the body: The fruit contains an excellent content of water. This is very good for proper hydrating of the body and infusion of beneficial vitamins and minerals.
6) Enhance Good mood: The vitamin B6 content in the fruit helps to improve the production of serotonin hormone which is one of the hormones that play an important role in mood control and ensuring the feeling of happiness.
7) Good sleeping therapy: Eating golden melon helps one to sleep better. This reduces insomnia.
The above health benefits of golden melon make it delight to eat. Look for this fruit and enjoy it. You would be glad you did.